freetds - [freetds] conversion of a char data type to a datetime data

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brad <ykardia AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] conversion of a char data type to a datetime data
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 11:48:23 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I am trying to run a "select" on a read-only table in a (Spanish) database (on
an MS SQL server).

There is a column with dates ("fecha") in it.

If this column is selected, I get the following message:

---- tsql output ----
1> select * from calendarios
2> go
url fecha visible_en_web
Msg 242, Level 16, State 3, Server INTRANET, Line 7
The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an
out-of-range datetime value.
---- end tsql output ----

And no data is actually displayed.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening? I would not really expect to get
that kind of error message unless I am updating or inserting...

Brad