freetds - [freetds] Add decript password rotine

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Luis Flavio Loreto da Rocha <luis.rocha AT bsb.politec.com.br>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Add decript password rotine
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:41:31 -0300

Hi,

I'm using mxODBC Zope DA, unixODBC and FreeTDS to connect Zope to a MS
SQL Server.

Some people involved in the project are not happy whit the fact of
mxODBC kept the connection password as plain text on ZODB (I'm not one
of this people!).

So, they decided to encript the password and include a routine in
FreeTDS to decript it. I know, its insane, but they are my bosses so I
can't do anything...

So I ask you. Where is the best place to put this decript routine?

I tryed to decript "&connection->password" in src/odbc/odbc.c line
1330, but it does not work.

Any help will be very, very apreciate.

Thank you,

Luis Flavio Rocha