freetds - [freetds] dblib: full binary compatible??

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] dblib: full binary compatible??
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:47:59 +0200

Is current dblib implementation fully binary compatible with Microsoft
one (that is under Windows) ??

I asked to myself this question some time ago. Usually windows functions
follow pascal or "stdcall" ABI however I discovered that Win32 follow C
ABI that is FreeTDS ABI (only ODBC have different ABI compatible with
platform one)... This should mean that a program that used ntwdblib.dll
can be linked (dynamically) directly to our library and get a change to
run.