freetds - [freetds] Re: connecting Linux to MS SQL Server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gourav <gourav.tilve AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Re: connecting Linux to MS SQL Server
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 05:39:27 +0000 (UTC)

Chris parent <kireol <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello. First time poster here. The help file for
> posting here is missing from the freetds webpage, so I
> apologize if I am doing something incorrect here. I'm
> using freetds-0.62.4
>
> I am attempting to connect to a MS SQL Server DB that
> resides on a Windows Server 2003 box from a Linux box
> and PHP. The SQL Server is in "Windows NT domain
> authentication" Mode, not SQL login.
>
> I've successfully connected to the database from other
> programs and other computers, so I'm confident that
> that part is working as expected.
>
> I see that newer versions of FreeTDS (thank god for
> all of the devs work on this fine package) support
> Windows NT Auth Logins:
> http://www.freetds.org/userguide/domains.htm
>
> I've follow the sample test to see if it will connect
> to my database with: tsql -S 192.168.111.2 -U
> 'MYDOMAIN\myNTLoginName' -P mypassword
>
> the response is locale is
>
> "en_US.UTF-8"
> locale charset is "UTF-8"
> src/tds/login.c: tds_connect: 192.168.111.2:4000:
> Connection refused
> Msg 20009, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
> Server is unavailable or does not exist.
>
> My thinking is that under NT SQL Server settings, the
> "use a set IP" is not checked. I reall would prefer
> not to change anything on the NT box as it may break
> one of the many applications that run connect and
> already use this DB.
>
> Is there any way to still use freeTDS and get this to
> work?
>
> Many thanks,
> -=Kireol

> http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Hello,

Use port 1433 while connecting.
Hey, have u made changes to the freetds.conf, odbc.ini and obbcint.ini..
If you have not then first, Make the changes appropriately...
I had the same problem.
Now connection problem is over but...new problem came in.
The select and insert statement are not working.
"Incompatible datatype error is returned"...Syntax of query and evrythign is
right.
If you find a soltn to this prob...plz let me know...

Regards,
Gourav