freetds - Re: [freetds] [ freetds-Patches-1095806 ] patches for RC5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [ freetds-Patches-1095806 ] patches for RC5
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 09:18:56 -0500

"Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com> wrote:
> > Those "@@rowcount not available" indicate that dbnextresults()
> > is still returning something when the print packet arrives.
>
> dbnextresults() ????

Sorry, old man. The hour, I suppose.

> > Does that duplicate the vendor libraries' behavior?
>
> Yes indeed... bsqldb compiled and linked with Sybase Open Client,
> and run against a Sybase Database.

I see. As you said in an earlier message, dbresults() doesn't return
NO_MORE_RESULTS (because there may be more) on receipt of a PRINT packet.
Instead, it returns SUCCEED, with no result set. A bit braindead, from
db-lib's point of view, if you ask me, but no matter. bsqldb doesn't
check DBROWS(), so it eventually looks for (duh!) a rowcount. Fair
enough.

Thanks again for the patch. Look for RC6 later this week.