freetds - RE: [freetds] [ freetds-Patches-1095806 ] patches for RC5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] [ freetds-Patches-1095806 ] patches for RC5
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:22:08 -0000

James,

> Those "@@rowcount not available" indicate that dbnextresults()
> is still returning something when the print packet arrives.

dbnextresults() ????

> Does that duplicate the vendor libraries' behavior?

Yes indeed... bsqldb compiled and linked with Sybase Open Client,
and run against a Sybase Database. Results:

---------------------
echo " print 'hi' select 'a' as a, 1 as one print 'bye'" | ./bsqldb
-U$DB_USER -P$DB_PASW -S$DSQUERY
Msg 5701, Level 0, State 2
Server 'LDNSYB1', Line 4
Changed database context to 'ACCOUNTS'.
Msg 5703, Level 0, State 1
Server 'LDNSYB1', Line 4
Changed language setting to 'us_english'.
Msg 0, Level 0, State 1
Server 'LDNSYB1', Line 1
hi
@@rowcount not available