freetds - [freetds] 0.63 Release Candidate 1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] 0.63 Release Candidate 1
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:29:14 -0500

Hello everyone,

Well, I had a whole afternoon to myself, so I sat down to start the
release of 0.63. I updated the documentation, put together a README,
fixed a bunch of piddly things, and put up the new tarball.

http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/freetds-0.63RC1.tar.gz

I think it goes in stable, not current. Is that what we decided? I'll
move it (and the 0.62 tarballs) to ../old when we release.

I know many people, Frediano especially, are eager to see 0.63 be
released. You can ease the way by testing it on your architecture and
reporting your results/complaints/success here. As always, we expect it
to build and run anywhere except your TiVo. All bug reports gratefully
welcome.

If I missed something in README or NEWS, please tell me what. It will
become the basis for the eventual ANNOUNCEMENT to freshmeat.

+++

There are some patches on SF:

The only one that needs to be in the release (not done yet) is 1073201,
for sybdb.h.

Bill, if you want datacopy included in 0.63, we can make it so. Have
Frediano's objections been satisfied?

Freddy, 886970 and 744992 have, I believe, been incorporated. Can you
confirm? Also, what shall we do with the setup program?
http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/misc/setup.zip, perhaps?

Your humble maintainer,