freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.63 Release Candidate 1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.63 Release Candidate 1
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:06:47 +0100

Il dom, 2004-11-28 alle 00:29, James K. Lowden ha scritto:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Well, I had a whole afternoon to myself, so I sat down to start the
> release of 0.63. I updated the documentation, put together a README,
> fixed a bunch of piddly things, and put up the new tarball.
>
> http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/freetds-0.63RC1.tar.gz
>
> I think it goes in stable, not current. Is that what we decided? I'll
> move it (and the 0.62 tarballs) to ../old when we release.

Simply fantastic !!!

> I know many people, Frediano especially, are eager to see 0.63 be
> released. You can ease the way by testing it on your architecture and
> reporting your results/complaints/success here. As always, we expect it
> to build and run anywhere except your TiVo. All bug reports gratefully
> welcome.

Me? Absolutely no :-)

> If I missed something in README or NEWS, please tell me what. It will
> become the basis for the eventual ANNOUNCEMENT to freshmeat.

Mmmm... I didn't see my patch for api_status.txt update and all
comments/contributing to 0.63.

> +++
>
> There are some patches on SF:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=33106&atid=407808
>
> The only one that needs to be in the release (not done yet) is 1073201,
> for sybdb.h.

Ok, fixed. I added a new SYBDBLIB define. If you need MS behavior define
MSDBLIB, if you need Sybase one define SYBDBLIB. --enable-msdblib define
only default.

> Bill, if you want datacopy included in 0.63, we can make it so. Have
> Frediano's objections been satisfied?

I got no reply...

> Freddy, 886970 and 744992 have, I believe, been incorporated. Can you
> confirm? Also, what shall we do with the setup program?
> http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/misc/setup.zip, perhaps?

setup removed, quite updated. Cancel problem was not fixed. dblib
results I don't know.

bye
freddy77

PS: I updated 0.64 branch with new version.