freetds - [freetds] RE: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 18, Issue 40

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Satya Madhav" <smadhav.vangara AT inucom.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] RE: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 18, Issue 40
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:11:40 +0530

Hi,
BCP utility support parallelism
Following are the links for parallelism in BCP
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/optimsq
l/odp_tun_1a_5gyt.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/copromp
t/cp_bcp_61et.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/adminsq
l/ad_impt_bcp_1968.asp

Parallelism in bcp: if a table is partitioned and support the parallel
used.For that we need to have different data files and invoke different
bcp instances with diferent files.

This would be same as BULK INSERT T-SQL statement.
My question is doe freebcp supports this feature ??? An dwhat would be
syntax for it??

TIA
madhav