freetds - Re: [freetds] Status: 0.62rc1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Status: 0.62rc1
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 10:05:33 -0000

Il sab, 2003-12-27 alle 05:23, James K. Lowden ha scritto:
> I think we're about ready to release 0.62.

Awesome !!

> To Do List $Id: TODO,v 1.90 2003/12/24 01:10:43 jklowden Exp $
> ------------
> Broken:
> . Undelimited data files should be read w/ tds_iconv_fread().
> * Oh, well.
> . bigint trouble with TDS 8.0?
> * fixed, no?

Fixed, yesterday, so it's already in rc1

> For 0.62 version:
> . log and call error handler on problems with tds_iconv_init().
> * easy, or can wait.
> . ct_dynamic and friends needed for DBD::Sybase placeholder support (work
> in progress)
> * broken, wants expertise.
> - multiple statemets question
> * Not a show stopper.

Just a FAQ...

> - PHP workaround with multiple connections (see ML)
> * Not familiar terrain for me, can wait.

I added this comment. Sometimes ago somebody post a real good answer to
this question in ML. I'll try to find it..

> . userguide
> - iconv strategi
> * I think this is well enough documented in the build instructions and
> the Nonwestern language section.

So... DONE

> - link to reference manual, add to web
> * done.

DONE

> - update table of working configurations
> server (vendor, version, platform) - client (freetds version,
> platform)
> - protocol - charsets - date
> * I'd like to generate this table automatically one day. I think
> it's OK
> as is, because we basically claim to run anything anywhere.

dblib/bcp test fails on my HP/UX 10.20 (segfault)... Others tests
succeeded! With intel no problem at all.