freetds - Re: [freetds] iconv message suppression

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Alex Kiesel <kiesel AT schlund.de>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] iconv message suppression
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 13:27:02 +0100

On Sun, 2003-11-30 at 13:05, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> Applied (with small changes).
>
> However I have a question. SYBLONGBINARY expect 4 len bytes... Does you
> declare a length with univarchar (like "DECLARE @s UNIVARCHAR(200)" ) or
> univarchar is like a TEXT (you can put up to 2G characters) ??

A univarchar basically mimics varchar behaviour, so you cannot put 2G of
data into one column.

Sybase Manuals[1] say:
"The length of a unichar/univarchar column is limited by the size of a
data page, just as the length of char/varchar columns."

> It's not so good to use ucs2 for utf16 but it can work...

Is there any other way to convert the data?

- Alex

[1]
http://manuals.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-as/asg1250e/sqlug/@Generic__BookTextView/16174