freetds - Re: [freetds] iconv message suppression

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] iconv message suppression
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:04:31 -0500

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, "Frediano Ziglio" <freddyz77 AT lycos.com> wrote:

> >I *think* I incorporated our discussion in code. Freddy, I used ideas
> >from your patch, but of course I couldn't apply it.
>
> The code works, good!
> There are only some more iconv issues to fix :)

Yay! And thanks for fixing EINVAL/EILSEQ.

I'm actually not thrilled with using TDSICONVINFO, because it's otherwise
const in a lot of places. But it will do for now.

> - finish support for no-GNU iconv (indirect conversion see
> src/tds/iconv.c)
>
> one of my TODO

OK, that's your baby.

Do we need UTF-8 support in replacements/iconv.c? I could handle
converting among UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, and UCS-2 without a map.

> - borrow GNU's libiconv m4 macro to test/provide EILSEQ
> (some iconv implementation do not return EILSEQ, some platforms do not
> define EILSEQ)
>
> We need this ?

I think so, for QNX and others. I'd like to add it before the release. I
don't think we have the means to test it very well. Once it's out there,
we can field any complaints. ;-)

> - add test for locale_charset() to configure.in. Use it if available
> instead of nl_langinfo, because it implies we're using GNU iconv
>
> We never used nl_langinfo...

OK, forget it. Maybe I was confused.