freetds - [freetds] Pooling with SQL2K

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Don Gray" <don.gray AT vigilantminds.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Pooling with SQL2K
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 01:13:51 -0500

I understand that connection pooling is currently only available for protocol
version 4.2

I would like to use pooling with SQL2K and so understand that code will need
to be changed to accomplish this.

I have begun reviewing the pool source and would like any input that could be
provided reagrding the types of changes that should be made to support other
protocol versions.

Are the changes "addtional" in nature, meaning that more code needs to be
added to handle multiple versions or are they "rip and replace" type changes
that lead to the code currently being used for 4.2 being replaced as well?

Can you point me to anything that might not be obvious in other portions of
the "main" tds code base as a guide?

Are there any "land mines" that I should be aware of in attempting to
implement these changes?

I cannot commit that I can effect these changes but I am serious about making
an effort to assist this great project.

Thanks!