freetds - [freetds] Connection Refused.....

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Stephan Viljoen" <steph AT gabswave.net>
  • To: <FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [freetds] Connection Refused.....
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:07:51 +0200

HI There,

I'm experiencing some difficulties connecting from linux to my SQL
server. I've checked and SQL is definitely running for the reason I can
telnet into localhost on port 1433 (telnet localhost 1433). Now the
thing that baffles me is that I can't telnet into it when using the
servers IP address (10.1.0.5). I've even tried to do a port scan from
linux with nmap and port 1433 is definitely not showing in the list as
an open port. Do I need to setup some sort of policy somewhere for the
port to accept incoming connections from other hosts?

Kind Regards
Stephan