freetds - RE: [freetds] Problem with data type conversions and FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT bluewin.ch>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Problem with data type conversions and FreeTDS
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:26:04 -0000

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 16:58, Lowden, James K wrote:
> [...]

It is interesting that MS-SQL defines a new datatype for this. For
Sybase it's just a string with or without the '-':

[23] mplap.master.1> select newid(), newid(1)
[23] mplap.master.2> go

fff916c37f284b629fe7a5b2bcc45fb0
e7bdc109-6de2-40fb-9d61-e883d82d5202

(newid() is part of the new features of ASE 12.5.0.3).

Michael