freetds - Re: [freetds] Running FreeTDS under VMS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry AT mac.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Running FreeTDS under VMS
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 10:28:05 -0500

At 3:30 PM +0200 5/1/03, Bernard Giroud wrote:

>After getting snapshot (20030430), I finally managed to make it work under
>VMS,
>but I have discovered a few problems, and I tend to be inconsistent between
>my mods and what is already in place in two areas: iconv and endian
>processing ?

I went through the same thing a week or two ago and decided to just
wait a bit. The sources are in quite a state of flux, especially
regarding the iconv stuff. Patches will likely become inapplicable
before they get applied.

One workaround that got me over one obstacle was adding the following
line to the global section of my freetds.conf file:

client charset = ISO8859-1

However, the GNUish "ISO-8859-1" variant is hard-coded various places
in the sources. It looks like folks are working on sorting all this
out but it's not there yet.

>Is it the place to ask the questions ?

I think so. BTW, I have some changes and improvements to the
VMS-specific parts almost ready to go but can't properly test them
until other things settle down.

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry AT mac.com

difficult than getting in."