freetds - Re: RE: RE: [freetds] ASA Error -83: Specified database not found

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: NZQCOUMXWJFZ AT spammotel.com
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: RE: RE: [freetds] ASA Error -83: Specified database not found
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:18:48 +0100

Hi,

> Ok, let me take that back...the server has its own name too...but under
> OSG, servername sent with login is lost at the gateway...I'd like to see

> "select @@servername, db_name()" from Marco to be sure what is going on.

Well, the result: @@servername = FAMADMIN, db_name() = FAMADMIN

Which means the started instance of the Sybase-Server is called FAMADMIN
and in this case the database is also called FAMADMIN. Here is a short
piece out of the Sybase help that might clarify things:

<snip>
Specifying a server name

If you enter a name for the server, the database will try to use a running
personal database server or Adaptive Server Anywhere client of that name
(depending on the Local or Network options).
If no engine/client of that name is running, one will be started
automatically using that name.
If you leave the Server Name blank for an engine or client, the database
will use the first active engine that it finds on the local machine
(regardless on the Local or Network options).
If no engines are running, one will be started automatically, and will be
named the same as the database name (or the root of the database file, if
the database name is blank). For example, starting a database file of
ASADEMO.DB yields a server named ASADEMO.
</snip>

I hope this helps you a bit.
Greetings,
Marco