freetds - Re: RE: [freetds] ASA Error -83: Specified database not found

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: NZQCOUMXWJFZ AT spammotel.com
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: RE: [freetds] ASA Error -83: Specified database not found
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:18:54 +0100

>> I look into the dump-file of
>> freetds.log I cannot find the database name... what can I do
>> to get the connection working:

> I think ASA is interpreting the lservname field of the login packet,
which
> normally carries the servername, as a database name. The TDS 5.0 spec
says:

> This field SHOULD correspond with the
> @@servername of the server for best results.
> [...]
> For Adaptive Server Anywhere this field indicates
> the name of the database which the connection
> should be made to (the database must
> already be loaded). If the name in this field
> doesn't match any currently loaded database the
> connection silently ends up in the "default"
> database.
>
> Still, it shouldn't fail. You could try rearranging your freetds.conf,
such
> that the servername is FAMADMIN. If that works, we know what the
problem
> is.

Okay. It works. I made a small change to freetds.conf:

BEFORE:
[FAMSQL]
host = FAMSQL
port = 2638
tds version = 5.0

AFTER:
[FAMADMIN]
host = FAMSQL
port = 2638
tds version = 5.0

Which means that the name in the square brackets stands for the
DB-name!!!! Hell!
Thanks a lot for this hint.

> There is a new .deb due out any day now, for FreeTDS 0.61. I don't know
> that it still has this bug (if that's what it is), but if we can isolate
the
> problem, we can probably get you a patch to fix it.

Will this .deb be available on debian-servers? I suppose it will be
unstable...

What really astonishes me, that no one else had this problem (I was
searching the web for 2 days for an answer) - a hint in the manual on this
Sybase problem would be fine / and or in the
/usr/share/doc/freetds/README(.Debian) or the example confs.

Thanks once more and a lot,
Sunny greetings,
Marco