freetds - RE: [freetds] freetds is very,very slow when "insert into" sybase 12.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] freetds is very,very slow when "insert into" sybase 12.5
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 17:48:06 +0100

> application : private (uses odbc 3 api , see below) - uses
> only create table and insert into (see below)
> odbc upper layer (api that i use) : odbc++ 0.22
> odbc driver manager : iodbc 3.0.5
> odbc driver : freetds 0.60
> client platform : linux i686 x86 , p-III 800 mhz, 256 mhz ram
> server platform : windows 2000 pro , P-III 800 mhz , 392 mb ram
> server db : ASE eval for windows nt , version 12.5
>
> freetds config:
> ================================
> [global]
>
> tds version = 5.0
>
> initial block size = 512
>
> swap broken dates = no
>
> swap broken money = no
>
> try server login = yes
> try domain login = no
>
> cross domain login = no
>

> [sybase]
> host = 10.0.0.25
> port = 4000
> tds version = 5.0
>
> =============================
>
> odbc.ini config:
> ==================
> [sybase]
> Driver=/home/apps/vnms/lib/libtdsodbc.so
> Description=Sybase Server at imc_server
> Trace=No
> Servername=sybase
> Database=perfmona
> UID=sa
> PWD=......
>
> =====================
>
> local win to win performace - 180 LPS (lines per second)
>
> CREATE TABLE std_ether_stats ( dataSourceIpAddr VARCHAR(255)
> NULL , dateTime VARCHAR(255)
> NULL , ifAdminStatus NUMERIC NULL , ifDescr VARCHAR(255) NULL
> , ifInDiscards NUMERIC NULL , ifInErrors NUMERIC NULL , if
> InNUcastPkts NUMERIC NULL , ifInOctets NUMERIC NULL ,
> ifInUcastPkts NUMERIC NULL , ifInUnknownProtos NUMERIC NULL , ifIn
> dex NUMERIC NULL , ifLastChange NUMERIC NULL , ifMtu NUMERIC
> NULL , ifOperStatus NUMERIC NULL , ifOutDiscards NUMERIC NU
> LL , ifOutErrors NUMERIC NULL , ifOutNUcastPkts NUMERIC NULL
> , ifOutOctets NUMERIC NULL , ifOutQLen NUMERIC NULL , ifOut
> UcastPkts NUMERIC NULL , ifPhysAddress VARCHAR(255) NULL ,
> ifSpecific VARCHAR(255) NULL , ifSpeed NUMERIC NULL , ifType
> NUMERIC NULL , osoMediatorIpAddr VARCHAR(255) NULL ,
> sysUpTime NUMERIC NULL )

This help very much

> and "insert into" is with parameters

Something like

SQLPrepare(...,"insert into std_ether_stats(dataSourceIpAddr,....)
values(?,?,...)");
SQLExecute(...)
??

Or do you execute something like

SQLExecDirect(...,"insert into std_ether_stats(dataSourceIpAddr,....)
values('foo',123,...)");
??

I suspect first one... Could you post - just some lines - how you set a
parameter with odbc++ ?

> thanks to you all
>

> Gad

Thank you too

bye
freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."