freetds - RE: [freetds] freetds is very,very slow when "insert into" sybase 12.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Gad Hayisraeli" <gadh AT vmanage.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] freetds is very,very slow when "insert into" sybase 12.5
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 18:28:29 +0200

> Try inserting your data into a temporary table, and time a loop that reads
> the temp table and inserts the rows into the regular table. I think you'll
> find that the server itself slows down.

my test showed that the server itself does 180 lps (lines per second) , so my
conclusion is that the server itself does
things right and not slows down performance. the network can slow down but no
more than 20-30%. it does not explain the
performance decrease from 180 to only 3 lps.

my conclusion , and now to be more carefull , is that the client has
something to do with it ,and the client uses odbc
over freetds.

thanks in advance

Gad