freetds - RE: [freetds] Re: rc1 this weekend

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Re: rc1 this weekend
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:56:32 +0100

> > I saw just now that PARAMFMT2 and ROWFMT2 use status of 32
> bit... are those
> > the new tokens?
>
> Yes, those are some of the new tokens we have implemented.

Excellent. What are other tokens ?

> > I'll be happy to help you. I don't know if you work using
> FreeTDS (is LGPL
> > so is correct to integrate in another project) or if you
> forked from early
> > project with a OpenLink version.
> >

> We are working from a slightly older archive copy dated
> around 2002-10-20
> so we are fairly up-to-date. However at that time some major
> changes in
> the FreeTDS tree, forced us to stop following your tree and
> concentrate on
> getting our patches stabilized. Now that they are, we will be working
> towards sharing our code with the rest of the FreeTDS user base.

It do not seem to be so older...

> As we have been concentrating primarily on the DBLib layer,
> our patches
> could have some problems when using the CTLib layer. However
> i am sure
> these will be simple to resolve.

I expect so. If you look at ChangeLog there are many improvement and fixed
(varbinary is a big problem I remember, best improvement is Bill patch on
compute results), other updates are related to cleanup, indentation (if you
do a diff with CVS you should first indent your code, and perhaps CVS code,
not all files are indented correctly). IMHO this time is particolarly
suitable (libtds shouldn't receive may changes...). I don't know how to
proceed. Perhaps you should do a patch from your base and your updated code
and trying to merge manually (any other idea are welcomed :) ). Expect also
other big changes next year (I think FreeTDS code is mature for multibyte
and other huge change)...

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."