freetds - Re: [freetds] Re: rc1 this weekend

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Patrick van Kleef <pkleef AT openlinksw.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Re: rc1 this weekend
  • Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 16:20:51 +0100

Hi Frediano,

> > They came from OpenLink via private email to jim and myself.
> > The first
> > set is applied to CVS already. I'll attach the second set
> > here. Have a
> > look, they looked ok to me on first read.
> >

> Is strange to reply to a 3 months old mail :)
> However, I applied OpenLink patches (altough someone was just in CVS code)
> The only difference is column_flags. OpenLink want it 32bit but I don't
> understand the reason (it's always 8 or 16)

These patches where part of OpenLink's effort to add Sybase 12 support to
the FreeTDS project. In this new version Sybase has increased their
column_flags to 32bits as part of a new token they now use for column
information.

Due partially to time constraints on our part, as well as some major
architectural changes to the FreeTDS project, we have not been able to
merge our patches back into the current CVS tree in order for us to provide
you with a set of diffs to add this new functionality. I have set some
time aside to see how quick these patches can be merged back
into your current CVS tree.

I am willing to work with you, Jim or Brian to resolve these issues and
will answer any questions you have on any patch we send you.

Best regards,

Patrick
--
Patrick van Kleef Email : pkleef AT openlinksw.com
Principal Consultant Web : http://www.openlinksw.com

Universal Data Access & Data Integration Technology Providers