freetds - Re: [freetds] UNSUBSCRIBE

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] UNSUBSCRIBE
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 18:47:49 -0600

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 04:28:33PM -0800, Daniel Gomez wrote:
> I have unsubscribed several times and still get the unsoliceted e-
> mails from this list. I have never subscribed to this list and demand
> that some action be taken. I see that this has happened to other people
> also. If this list is magically produced from thin air, I suggest that
> as programmers such as you all, you can undo this type of cyber-snafu.
> Danny

The link at the bottom of every message takes you to a webpage where you
can manage your subscription:
that page that the address <toymudrunner AT dock.net> is subscribed. From
that web page, I have requested that a copy of your password be emailed
to you. With that password, you should be able to complete the
unsubscription process, either from the webpage
(http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/freetds/toymudrunner--at--dock.net),
or using the email interface.

Any of those who have been accidentally subscribed to the list can
follow these same steps to get themselves unsubscribed. I don't have
administrative control over the mailing list, nor do most other
subscribers, so spamming the list with idiocy will only antagonize
innocent bystanders until they eventually resolve to cast off their
innocence. At which point, the offenders are likely to learn a lesson
in netiquette that only programmers such as us are capable of
delivering.

My sympathies to those who have somehow been subscribed against their
will during this mailing list changeover. And to those who have no
mastery of the Internet beyond their Outlook reply button: Knock it off!

:P

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer