freetds - RE: new to TDS-- What do I need?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Wilson, John" <John.Wilson AT Savvis.net>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: new to TDS-- What do I need?
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:24:40 -0600

George,
I will concur. I'm currently running FreeTDS (daily build from 30 Oct)
using:

./configure --with-tdsver=7.0 --with-gnu-ld
--prefix=/home/jwilson/devel/usr/local

on Solaris (SunOS 5.7). We're targeting SQL Server 2K. Also note that
freebcp will not work unless 'tds version = 7.0' is set in
~/etc/freetds.conf. The prefix was set so I don't interfere with the
standard /usr/local path until I know it all works.

Be sure to set $SYBASE to the prefix you set above. This replaces the SYBASE
path used by OCS and it's where 'make install' puts everything once you've
tested it.

hope this helps
jd