freetds - Re: checkins

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: checkins
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 07:50:49 -0400

Hey James,

OK - we're a bit nearer the truth now.

I took some of the Freetds test programs ( t0002 out of ctlib/unittests
and t0012 out of dblib/unittests ) messed around a bit with them, and then
compiled them, linking into Sybase's dblib and ctlib (open client 10.0.4)

I got the following interesting results, when I selected a date out of the
database:

Using dblib, both dbconvert and dbbind return a string in the form :

Dec 5 1898 7:30:00:566PM

Using ctlib, ctbind returns a string in the form :

Dec 5 1898 7:30PM

So there we have some sort of clue - dblib and ctlib conversions from
dates to strings return different formats!

We of course use our function tds_convert() to do the job for both our
ctlib and dblib implementations.

HTH

Bill