freetds - Explaining to freetds project !

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Fernando" <nulll AT bol.com.br>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Explaining to freetds project !
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:31:49 -0400

Hello friends !

I want explain my position to avoid conflicts. I have a project that
also is based in TDS, but it has a architecture totally different of the
freetds. My project is a implementation of DBExpress architecture (Borland
Corporation), a implementation in pascal(delphi6) and objected oriented.
It doens't have any line of code of freetds project. The only resource
that
I use is this forum, and to discuss the TDS protocol where genteelly my
questions are answered! My project still is not open source, but still
will be.
My project also don't has financial objectives, only educational. I
also want to contribute to freetds project. I working now in login with NT
Authentication, I already know code/decode two of three messages of this
process. There are any work in this(NT Authentication) by parte of freetds
project? The freetds project also has interest in this ? I have also
captured by ethereal the login of Query Analyser to MSSQLServer. I writing
a small aplication that visualize all comunication between
QueryAnalyser(or other client) and MSSQLServer if it are in differents
hosts e etc..

Fernando..
Regards!!

  • Explaining to freetds project !, Fernando, 06/03/2002