freetds - Solaris 2.8 unixODBC/iODBC MS-SQL Server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Dave Kirkpatrick" <dave AT fsite.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Solaris 2.8 unixODBC/iODBC MS-SQL Server
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 05:39:03 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to get a connection through either of the above ODBC driver
managers from sun Solaris through to MS-SQL 2000 using the freeTDS ODBC
drivers.

I have compiled and installed the drivers OK but I can not connect.

With unix ODBC i get:

connect: Connection refused
DBI->connect(LGEUK_Free) failed: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source
name not found, and no default driver specified (SQL-IM002)
[unixODBC]tds_connect failed (SQL-08001)(DBD: db_login/SQLConnect err=-1)
at -e line 1

however if I use the command

perl -MDBI -e "print DBI->data_sources('ODBC'),qq%\n%"

it returns the data source that I am specifying in my script so I believe
the above error message is misleading.

When using the iODBC drivers I get the following error

fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so: symbol
gethostbyname: referenced symbol not found

Could anyone help shed some light on the cause of my problem.

Thanks.

  • Solaris 2.8 unixODBC/iODBC MS-SQL Server, Dave Kirkpatrick, 04/05/2002