freetds - MSSQL: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Attila Pletyak" <pletyak.attila AT erba.hu>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: MSSQL: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 02:45:21 -0500

Hello,

I'm fiddling with freetds for some days now, and I'm not able to find
what the problem really is. Basically I would like to access the MSSQL
server running on a Win NT machine with freetds from my Linux box (Debian
Potato 2.2 with glibc 2.2.1).

I've configured freetds with --with-tdsver=7.0. I've tried to run the
"make check" command, and by default 5 of the 6 tests succeeds. This is
the JDBC connection in the default /usr/local/freetds/freetds.conf file.

Then I've entered our MSSQL database, with something like this:
[salamander]
host = 192.168.0.6
port = 1433
tds version = 7.0
try server login = yes
try domain login = yes
nt domain = Iaboteszt
dump file = /tmp/freetds.log
dump file append = yes
debug level = 99

On the MSSQL side I've went into the enterprise manager program, and
created a login, and added it to the database which I need. From the
microsoft query program I can connect to the database with this
userid/passwd. I've also set that the NT authentication and SQL
authentication can both happen.

When I set this in the PWD file, and do make check on my linux box, I
get the answer of: "Not associated with a trusted SQL server". Can anybody
help me out why is this? To tell you the truth, I'm a beginner with MSSQL
server 7.0.

TIA,

Attila Pletyak