freetds - Re: MacOSX

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Rick Gigger" <Rick AT alpinenetworking.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: MacOSX
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 23:28:29 -0700

Thank you so much. Not a "pretty" solution but easy and it worked
great.

I added changed the line in configure and freetds compile fine.

I did run into a problem when trying to compile php with sybase support.

Is there anyone who has gotten php to compile on Mac OS X with freetds?

I tried

> ./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/usr/share/info --with-apxs
--with-sybase=/usr/local/freetds-0.53

worked fine

> make

goes for a long time then dies on

TSRM/.libs/libtsrm.al(tsrm_virtual_cwd.lo) definition of _virtual_unlink
in section (__TEXT,__text)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol _virtual_utime
TSRM/.libs/libtsrm.al(tsrm_virtual_cwd.lo) definition of _virtual_utime
in section (__TEXT,__text)
TSRM/.libs/libtsrm.al(tsrm_virtual_cwd.lo) definition of _virtual_utime
in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[1]: *** [libphp4.la] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

When I grep for which files have the

> darwin* | rhapsody*)
> allow_undefined_flag='-undefined suppress'

listed below (he doesn't specify which file) I get aclocal.m4,
configure, and libtool. I only changed configure. Was I supposed to
change all of them?

Thanks again for the help.