freetds - Re: MacOSX

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: "Suravate" <suravate AT mac.com>
  • Cc: freetds mailing list <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: MacOSX
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:17:59 -0500

A straight build from a cvs pull works for me. The only problem I've had is with getting iconv to work -- it doesn't. I'm partially thinking it might be a byte-order problem. Figuring it out is one of my tasks for the weekend.

Anyway, I'm probably going to write my own version of iconv that uses the Text Encoding Converter to do the work -- since the capability is built in to the OS, better to just use that.

Hi,
I'm new to FreeTDS and need help.
I try to connect to MS SQL 2000 using PHP but it didn't happen. I saw an
info on phpbuilder.com about FreeTDS be able to connect to MS SQL from
PHP. I use Mac OSX 10.1.3 and wonder if FreeTDS would work on Macs and how
do I install it, same as Linux? Please let me know.
Thanks
Suravate

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin