freetds - Slight change in behavior in latest FreeTDS build

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Eric Deutsch <edeutsch AT systemsbiology.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Slight change in behavior in latest FreeTDS build
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:36:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I just pulled down the latest FreeTDS from CVS, compiled, and
installed it. All seemed to go pretty well, but I had some slight
troubles connecting. I edited my freetds.conf file with the following
under [global]:

tds version = 7.0
text size = 8096
port 1433

However, when I try to connect to a server for which there is not a
specific section in the file, I get the following in my TDSDUMP:

2002-01-29 10:17:01 Connecting addr 10.0.0.234 port 4000
2002-01-29 10:17:01 leaving ct_connect() returning 0

If I manually put in an entry for the server that I want to connect to,
then I can connect and query just fine.

Thus it seems that my global settings are not being honored if there's no
server specific section, which has always seemed to be the case in the
past. Both the "port" and "tds version" keys are apparently being
ignored and for some reason, it is defaulting to port 4000 (and perhaps
TDS 5.0 although I don't know..)

This is a completely fresh build on a freshly built server so there are no
legacy interfaces files and no ~/.freetds.conf files, etc.

Note that this is the first time that I built with `autogen.sh` instead of
`./configure --with-tdsver=7.0`. Maybe this is related?

Any ideas out there?

thanks,
Eric

Eric Deutsch email: edeutsch AT systemsbiology.org
Institute for Systems Biology Voice: (206) 732-1397
1441 N 34th St FAX: (206) 732-1260
Seattle, WA 98103-8904 http://www.systemsbiology.org/