freetds - Re: Slight change in behavior in latest FreeTDS build

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Slight change in behavior in latest FreeTDS build
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:20:19 -0500 (EST)

Hi Eric,

The port 4000/TDS 5.0 thing are the defaults if nothing is overridden on
the ./configure line, so that's why they are doing what they're doing.

Now the question is why isn't the global section being read?

If you do the following:

export CFLAGS=-DDEBUG_CONFIG
./configure --with-whateveroptionsyounormallyuse
make
make install

and then test you should get a file named /tmp/tdsconfig.log that will
trace the pre-connection calls. There was one merge from the openlink
folks recently which is to look for an environment variable "FREETDSCONF"
but that is called after the build-time conf file.

Brian