freetds - Re: Linux/FreeTDS/unixODBC/PHP Text fields

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Andersen, Al" <AndersenA AT HQISEC.ARMY.MIL>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Linux/FreeTDS/unixODBC/PHP Text fields
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 06:14:29 -0700

I also thought it was the ODBC driver. I did more tests and I finally nailed
it down. PHP lets you comment your code with "#". I prefer that, over the
normal "//". However, you can't do that in the PHP.INI file. It gets read,
leading to weird results.

I was doing this:

magic_quotes_gpc = Off #MSSQL
magic_quotes_runtime = On #MSSQL
magic_quotes_sybase = On #MSSQL
odbc.defaultlrl = 131072 #128K

<insert smacking myself upside the head with a clue-stick noise here>

-Al Andersen

>Brian wrote:
>
>I wouldn't rule out the ODBC driver, however it seems to work under
>4.2/5.0 so we may be specifically dealing with TDS 7.0 problem here.
>I'll see if I can get that configuration going and test it.
>
>Brian
>
>On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Peter Harvey wrote:

> Here is a guess (just a guess). Looks like it could be a short coming in
> the FreeTDS ODBC Driver.
>
> I wish I could look into it for you but I am too busy right now. <aaargh>
>
> Peter
>

> Andersen, Al wrote:
>
> > I've got a problem with using FreeTDS on my Linux server with unixODBC
and
> > Apache/PHP. From my Linux box, I can make connections to my MSSQL 7.0
> > database on the NT server, and I can also retrieve data OK with ISQL.
The