freetds - Re: Help Freetds 0.53 - removing messages printed to STDERR

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: "Michael Horowitz" <michael.horowitz AT storagenetworks.com>
  • Subject: Re: Help Freetds 0.53 - removing messages printed to STDERR
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:21:39 -0500

At 9:01 PM -0500 1/2/02, Michael Horowitz wrote:
Hello again,

I am not really familiar with the code, but I used some the hints you gave
me and took a quick look through the code. I think I have spotted the
problem.

But the bytes are only swapped in tds_get_int if emulating little endian, but they need to be swapped in this case for bigendian systems not emulating little endian -- that's why I put that swap there. I've never tried emulating little endian, so I never saw the problem there.

I'll test the code and check the mod into cvs.

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin