freetds - Re: Help Freetds 0.53 - removing messages printed to STDERR

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Help Freetds 0.53 - removing messages printed to STDERR
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 13:49:40 -0800

Michael Horowitz writes:

> I have a Perl program with this line:
> my $dbh = DBI->connect('DBI:Sybase:DBNAME1','user','pass')
> or die "Could not connect to database: $DBI::errstr";
>
> After running that line the following is printed out to STDERR:
> Changed database context to 'dbname'.
>
> If I do the same connecting to DBNAME2 which uses tds version 7.0 it
> prints the following to STDERR:
> Changed database context to 'dbname'.
> Changed language setting to us_english.

Add a DBI->trace(3) call before the DBI->connect(), and check the
trace for various error messages coming from the server. I check for
these messages in the server callback, but it is possible that MSSQL
uses a different error numbering than Sybase.

Alternatively there is a problem with the error numbers when emulating
little endian in the FreeTDS code.

Michael
mpeppler AT peppler.org - mpeppler AT mbay.net