freetds - Re: Help Freetds 0.53 - removing messages printed to STDERR

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Help Freetds 0.53 - removing messages printed to STDERR
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 14:28:25 -0800

Michael Horowitz writes:
> I am not sure what I should be looking for, but this is what I get back:

> dbih_setup_handle(DBI::db=HASH(0xfb480)=>DBI::db=HASH(0x1acfc8),
> DBD::Sybase::db, 170130, Null!)
> dbih_make_com(DBI::dr=HASH(0xfb4c8), DBD::Sybase::db, 1960)
> Changed database context to 'dbname'.
> syb_db_login() -> checking for chained transactions

Weird. This looks like the error (CS_SERVERMSG *srvmsg struct) does
not have any error number at all - just the message itself.

This is treated by the callback as a PRINT statement, and displayed
via a fprintf(stderr) call.

This might point to a bug of some sort.

Could you with the same setup try to force an error (for example a
duplicate insert error), and see if the error code actually gets sent
back?

Michael
mpeppler AT peppler.org - mpeppler AT mbay.net