freetds - tds errors

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Rick Gigger" <Rick AT alpinenetworking.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: tds errors
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 01:16:17 -0700

I am using freetds 0.52 with php and apache, connecting to MS SQL Server
2000.

It seems as if any tds query error causes an error to occur within
freetds. For instance in the past I have had foreign key violations
kill an entire apache process resulting in all subsequent free tds calls
to simply report "1 is not a sybase link". I am experiencing the same
problem right now with doing selects and having an unescaped ' in the
query.

It is causing HUGE problems because as soon as a tds error occurs
everything web app running on that box breaks and apache must be
restarted to fix it.

Are other people getting these errors? I can give specifics if needed
but it happens so often it seems as if they shouldn't be hard to
duplicate by just trying some random bad sql statements.

If needed I could help to hunt down as many as possible.

Rick Gigger