freetds - sqsh 2.1 and command prompt

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Steven J. Backus" <backus AT math.utah.edu>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: sqsh 2.1 and command prompt
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:40:40 -0700 (MST)

The new sqsh had a cool command prompt, something like:

When I use freetds the database name doesn't show up until I do a
use <database name>. Has anyone got a clue about this? From the
sqsh source file cmd_connect.c I see:

/*
* On some systems, if the charset is mis-configured in the
* SQL Server, it will come back as the string "<NULL>". If
* this is the case, then we want to ignore this value.
*/

which could lead to this behavior, but I could be wrong.

Thanks,
Steve