freetds - RE: using jdbc from an applet

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Curt Hagenlocher" <curt AT hagenlocher.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: using jdbc from an applet
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:59:20 -0700

I wrote:

> I'm not familiar with applets or Java security, but I imagine
> that this code will have to be signed or otherwise marked as
> privileged in order for it to be used in the situation you
> describe.

Well, I'm not much more familiar with Java security now that
it's ten minutes later, but it looks like the following might
work under Java 1.2+.

You have a file in your Java distribution called java.policy.
On my Win2K machine, this is in jre\lib\security. In the
"grant" section, you could try adding the line

permission java.lang.reflect.ReflectPermission "suppressAccessChecks";

This should disable the access checking that is giving you problems.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt AT hagenlocher.org