freetds - Re: Looking for beta testers (rpm installation of Php + SQL Server 7 module)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "nadeem" <nadeem AT mp-integrators.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Looking for beta testers (rpm installation of Php + SQL Server 7 module)
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:31:26 -0700

Hi Jean
I have been struggling to get freetds_jdbc working with java IDE Powerj with
MSSQL 6.5 and MSSQL 7 on WINNT 4.
Stefan Bodewig has been helping me.
These are the problems:
1. Since freetds is an unfinished driver as aresult there are Not
Implemented exceptions throughout, when you are writing java code you can
deal with these exceptions and ignore them but when you are using a java
code generator then it stops on every exception. As a result I have not been
able to use freetds.
2. There are some fundamental ways in which freetds is implemented which are
'unusual' for example, if Powerj sends out a select statement to get a
resultset to fill a databound control, freetds actually creates a stored
procedure to which it passes the select statement, the result set looks
unfamiliar to Powerj and it stops.

Questions:
1. What is PHP, are you looking for WINNT beta testers
2. Will you be interested in the implementation environment I described
above.
Thanks
Nadeem AT mp-integrators.com