freetds - Re: [JDBC] DatabaseMetaData and the various servers

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Michael Maraya" <mmaraya AT iname.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [JDBC] DatabaseMetaData and the various servers
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:59:01 -0400

> Which tests in the unittests directory do you need me to run?

I've checked the unittests and as far as I can tell, none of them test the
DatabaseMetaData class. DatabaseMetaData has a psvm method though which
contains code for testing (that should probably be moved out to a separate
unit test, imho). Just add the following two lines after m is initialized
and execute the class:

System.out.println("Product Name is " + m.getDatabaseProductName());
System.out.println("Product Version is " +
m.getDatabaseProductVersion());

By the way, are you using an evaluation copy of ASE from Sybase? I
noticed that there were downloadable versions for Linux on Sybase's site.