freetds - Re: NTEXT support (again)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig AT bost.de>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: NTEXT support (again)
  • Date: 07 Jun 2000 09:00:17 +0200

Hi Bob,

I'd be interested in your patches and maybe we could work together to
improve on it. I had offered my help weeks if not months ago and am
still here waiting to get my hands dirty.

BK> On point #2, I couldn't find any more elegant and unobtrusive way
BK> of switching on the 7.0 processing flavor than
BK> System.getProperty(). If the "TDSVER" property is set to "70"
BK> then the Tds and TdsComm classes know to use that version of TDS.

I'd prefer to encode it in the JDBC URL, something like
jdbc:freetds:sqlserver42// and jdbc:freetds:sqlserver70// with
jdbc:freetds:sqlserver// beeing an alias to sqlserver42.

Stefan