freetds - Re: Chop CHAR_P to 4096 bytes? PHP to MSSQL via FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT stl.dec.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Chop CHAR_P to 4096 bytes? PHP to MSSQL via FreeTDS
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 09:10:57 +1000

Sam Sam wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2000 07:50:36
> camber wrote:
> >This is the default text size, just do a 'set textsize <value>' to
> >increase it.
> where do i have to write this ? on my php code ? or ??
> please explain more further...

I've figured out what he means. Execute it as an SQL statement. It
worked for me. This implies it is processed by the SQL server. Is that
right?

It begs another question ... how do you find the size of something so
that you know what to set this textsize to? Is there any penalty in
setting it to a Very Large Number such as 2^31?

What is the usage of "sp_helptext"? Do I append a stored procedure
name?

www.midsommer.org does not resolve.

--
James Cameron (cameron AT stl.dec.com)