freetds - Chop CHAR_P to 4096 bytes? PHP to MSSQL via FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT stl.dec.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Chop CHAR_P to 4096 bytes? PHP to MSSQL via FreeTDS
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 15:23:46 +1000

G'day,

My data is being truncated to 4096 bytes.
PHP 3.0.15 to Microsoft SQL Server via FreeTDS from CVS.

I'm developing something based on a stored procedure name provided to
me, about which the author states "returns two fields, case_id
(CHAR_P:255) and case_history (CHAR_P - Multi Line field)".

Using PHP's sybase_fetch_row function shows the field returning with a
length of 4096 bytes. The sybase_fetch_field function also says 4096.

I went looking at php-3.0.15/functions/sybase.c and at freetds/src/dblib
and freetds/src/tds but was unable to find any significant reference to
4096 bytes. Is there such a limit? If so, where can I adjust it?

Is it possible that the author has made this limit?

Is it possible to read the stored procedure via FreeTDS?

Can you get a list of tables and columns via FreeTDS?

--
James Cameron (cameron AT stl.dec.com)