freetds - MS SQL Server 7.0 and Perl

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lora" <lora.woodworth AT cta.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: MS SQL Server 7.0 and Perl
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 13:1:36

I know this has probably been covered but I can't find a useful answer. So
here it goes. Our platform consists of a Redhat Linux 6.1 box running Perl
and Apache. The database is on WinNT with SQL Server 7.0. We want to
connect the two together. We have tried using the DBD::Sybase but it will
not work becuase we are storing Articles which are over 255 characters. Is
there something we are missing or can we not do this? Also we tried to use
the DBD::Proxy and ODBC but we are having a problem with performance (5-10
seconds of lag time, which is not acceptable to the higher ups).

Any help will be appreciated.
thanks in advance

Lora Woodworth