freetds - Re: Dynamic SQL... [ a little off topic ]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Macy <bmacy AT siterock.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Dynamic SQL... [ a little off topic ]
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:20:40 -0700

Michael Peppler wrote:

> Brian Macy writes:
> > I know freeTDS doesn't support parameterized functions but has anyone
> > gotten parameterized functions working with Sybase's Open CLient
> > libraries connected to an MS SQL database?
>
> No, because they decide to talk TDS 4.2, where CS_REQ_DYN & friends
> don't work.

Interesting... thanks for the info. Hmmm.... I know the ODBC <=> ODBC
bridge works but is slow. We manage to compile DBD::ODBC with the Merant
DataDirect ODBC drivers... seems to work well but seems to never allow
multiple active statements on a single connection (even with AutoCommit
on). Oh well... not really relevant to this list as it's a very non-free
solution.

Good luck... and I'll get patch together that fixed the problems with
0.50 I had on Solaris and post it to the list.

Brian Macy