freetds - Value returned by tds_convert_*

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: tetherow AT nol.org
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Value returned by tds_convert_*
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 15:53:43 -0500 (CDT)

Going through the convert.c file working on datetime fixes and expansion
for some of the variable types I have run across contradiction in the
code. When converting various types to SYBCHAR (strings) the size
returned by the convert function sometimes includes the terminating null
while at other times it does not. I assume that the null should be
counted as it would make more sense to call
tds_convert_text(srctype, src, desttype, &dest, sizeof(dest))
instead of
tds_convert_text(srctype, src, desttype, &dest, sizeof(dest)-1)

If someone has a definate answer for this I'll go through and clean up
the convert file so it is consistant.

Sam Tetherow tetherow AT nol.org
Director of Development
Nebrask@ Online http://www.nol.org/