freetds - Re: Use Stored procedures in DBD::Sybase/FreeTDS/MS -SQL7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Guangbin Liu <GLiu AT interland.com>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Use Stored procedures in DBD::Sybase/FreeTDS/MS -SQL7.0
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 15:56:07 -0400

I read the DBD::Sybase docs, but I still can't make it work.

There is a stored procedures in MS SQL Server, sp_help, and I call it using
following code:
$sth = $dbh->prepare("exec sp_help");
$sth->execute;
@results = $sth->func('syb_output_params');
$type = $sth->{syb_result_type};
print "result type is $type \n";
print "results are: @results \n";

What I got is:
result type is 14
results are:

According to the DBD::Sybase docs, the result type should be 4043
CS_STATUS_RESULT, and the results
should not be empty. What's wrong with my code?

Another question, how can I pass parameter into stored procedures?

Could somebody give me a sample code to call stored procedures and process
the output?

Thanks in advance!

Guangbin