freetds - Unknown Marker message fills apache error log

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Michael Lefebvre" <mlefebvr AT websense.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Unknown Marker message fills apache error log
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 16:14:48

Hello,
I see a lot of messages with the "Unknown Marker" issue.
So here is one more!

We have freetds 0.47 running on a sun with apache webserver
serving cgi-bin stuff.

now and then the apache error_log, which is catching STDERR
messages from the cgi-bin program, will start logging
millions of

Unknown marker: 0!!
Unknown marker: 0!!
Unknown marker: 0!!
Unknown marker: 0!!
Unknown marker: 0!!

messages.

I expect one of my while loops is expecting an end condition,
but because of this issue, that condition is never met.

I compiled freetds with TDSVER=42,
Other than this has been running very stable.

With thousands of connections, this only happens twice a week,
however, when the error_log file grows and fills the disk space,
the server gets unhappy.

Any help would be good!
Thanks.
mike