freetds - RE: help: access ms sql server 7 with php3

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Sam Sam" <s4m AT mailcity.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: help: access ms sql server 7 with php3
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 06:48:19 -0700

>month or so, so I will only be investigating bugs that come with code to
>reproduce them along with the table def's and inserts to populate them.
>Vague 'it doesn't work' reports are not going to get much attention (not
>trying to be mean, just very limited on time for a >while).

ok.. now I'm running apache 1.3.12 with php3 with freetds. Everything goes
fine, (connect to my sql server 7.0, select from ms sql server) but something
wrong when I tried to insert data. Check this code below

<head>
<title>HAhiihi</title>
</head>
<?
$sybase=mssql_connect("10.21.1.50","sam","");
mssql_select_db("pubs",$sybase);

$cuery="INSERT INTO stores
VALUES(2040,\"Nine\",\"99Sx\",\"Portland\",\"PT\",\"80912\")";

$hasil=mssql_query($cuery,$sybase);
// mssql_free_result($hasil);
mssql_close($sybase);
print("<h1>BLUEEE ONE</h1>");
?>

It should print 'YELLLLOOWW' and insert some data to ms sql server 7.0 and
print 'BLUEEEE ONE'. But In reality..
it just insert data to ms sql server 7.0 but didn't print anything..when I
tried to reload the page with same data(same primary key..
it said.. that 'duplicate primary key' but the weird thing is the 'YELLLOWWW'
and 'BLUEEE ONE' got printed.
But if the data doesn't exist it just insert the data and return nothing..(in
IE it's said Document Contain no DATA) but.. when I checked ms sql server 7.0
they get inserted..

any clue..??

best regards,
Sam